The University of Zimbabwe will be holding its Research Week 2019 as one of its key strategic events towards promoting demand-driven research and advancement of innovation. The UZ Research Week 2019 is anchored by the National Vision 2030 and the Ministry of Higher and Tertiary Education and Science and Technology’s Education 5.0 thrust which is to promote teaching, research, community service, innovation and industrialization for a competitive, modern and industrialised Zimbabwe.
The overall objective of the UZ Research Week is to provide a forum for communicating and showcasing research conducted by UZ academics and researchers, including staff and students in collaboration with their diverse partners with a view to promoting uptake of research outputs and to attract partnerships with industry.
The specific objectives of the UZ Research Week are to:
- Enable staff and students to share, learn and celebrate the quality and achievements of research conducted across all Faculties and Institutes of the University of Zimbabwe;
- Bring together and allow UZ’s current and potential collaborating partners in government, private sector, regional and international development, and civic society to showcase their scope of work and identify areas for partnership;
- Allow the general Zimbabwean public to interact with the UZ’s research processes and outputs and identify projects that have a potential to positively impact on their livelihoods and endeavours;
- Open opportunities for research collaboration and funding; and
- Motivate academics and researchers by recognising their research efforts, innovations and output through research awards.