The University of Zimbabwe (UZ) is pleased to invite all its key stakeholders, including current and potential collaborating partners, to a Consultation Workshop on the Development of the institution’s Strategic Plan 2019-2025. The workshop will be held on Tuesday, 29 January 2019 at the University of Zimbabwe.
The UZ is undergoing a holistic and strategic transformation in line with the National Vision 2030 anchored on the quest for modernisation and industrialization. Responding to sopcio-economic development challenges facing the national and the gobal community today, and inspired by the Government of Zimbabwe’s Education 5.0 thrust, the UZ is ushering a new thinking in its academic programming, research and innovation processes, bringing new dimensions in its partnership with strategic actors in industry, commerce and society. The institution therefore seeks to appropriately position itself ‘prime national think-tank’, providing current and futuristic solutions that our society needs. In general, the UZ’s new strategic thrust seeks to achieve the following:
- Programming for relevance, productivity, efficiency and effectiveness in response to societal demands for sustainable socio-economic development
- Championing Education 5.0 with excellence (teaching, research, community service, innovation and industrialisation)
- Fostering Strategic Partnerships with actors in Industry, Commerce and Society to achieve 1 and 2, above.
The key features of the Consultation Workshop will include:
- presentation of the main University of Zimbabwe Strategic Thrust by the Acting Vice Chancellor, Prof Paul Mapfumo
- presentations of emerging programme areas by Faculty Deans and Institute Directors and how these seek to address real problems and challenges for the nation and beyond
- a Special Feedback Session from you, our esteemed stakeholders - We have three (3) minute slots for those stakeholders seeking to make special inputs to the dialogue process and responding directly to the UZ presentations.
To confirm your participation at this landmark event, please register by clicking the link below