Dr. A. Makuyana
DPhil in Social Work (University of Fort Hare), MSc in Social Work (University of Fort Hare), BSc in Social Work (University of Fort Hare)
Research Areas: Clinical Social Work, Community Development, Child welfare and Child Protection
- Mushonga, L, T., Mbulayi, S, P, & Makuyana, A. (2018). Rethinking 4th year Social Work Internship in South Africa: Challenges, Implications and Prospects. International Journal of Social Relevance and Concern, 6(6), pp.7-12.
- Mbulayi, S, P., & Makuyana, A. (2017). From a vision to action: Making the national drug master plan(s)work in South Africa. Journal of Sociology Social Anthropology, 8(12), pp.82-88.
- Makuyana, A., & Kangethe, S, M. (2015). Exploring care and protection offered to OVCs in care institutions with examples from South Africa and Botswana. Journal of Social Sciences, 42(1-2), pp.105-112.
- Makuyana, A., & Kangethe, S, M. (2014). Re-thinking and re-conceptualizing child care institutionalization in South Africa: effects and impacts on OVCs. Journal of Social Sciences, 42(1-2), pp. 121-128.
- Kangethe, S, M., & Makuyana, A. (2014). Ophans and vulnerable children (OVC) care institutions: exploring their possible damage to children in a few countries of the developing world. Journal of Social Sciences, 38(2), pp 117-124.