Chairperson & Senior Lecturer
Dr. C. Chavunduka
PhD, MBA, MSc, BA Honours, MZIRUP, MRTPI Indicate the awarding institutions
Research Interests; Urban land policy and management, Land reform and rural development, Urban management and governance, Decentralization and local government, Planning ideology, legislation, and institutions
- Chavunduka, C. and Zimunya, W. 2018. Land readjustment: The missing link in urban Zimbabwe, African Journal of Land Policy and Geospatial Sciences, Issue No. 2, 1 – 17.
- Chavunduka, C. 2018. Land patronage and static urban boundaries in Zimbabwe: Implications for land tenure security, African Journal of Land Policy and Geospatial Sciences, Special Issue, 107 – 118.
- Chavunduka, C. and Bromley, D. W. 2010. “Beyond the crisis in Zimbabwe: Sorting out the land question,” Development Southern Africa, 27 (3), 363 - 79
- Chavunduka, C. and Bromley, D. W. 2011. “Climate, Carbon, Civil War, and Flexible Boundaries: Sudan’s contested landscape,” Land Use Policy, 28, 907 – 16
- Chavunduka, C. and Bromley, D. W. 2013. “Considering the multiple purposes of land in Zimbabwe’s economic recovery,” Land Use Policy, 30 (10), 670 – 76.
- Jacobs, H. and Chavunduka, C. 2003. “Devolution for land administration in Zimbabwe: Opportunities and challenges,” In Michael Roth and Francis Gonese (eds.) Delivering land and securing livelihoods: Post – independence land reform and resettlement in Zimbabwe, Harare, CASS & LTC, 285 – 300.
- Kwangwama, N. A., and Chavunduka, C. M. 2018. “The scope and prospects for communicative planning in Zimbabwe: A review, “ In I. Chirisa (Ed.) Fundamentals of Planning and Real Estate Studies: A Primer for Zimbabwe, Harare, University of Zimbabwe Publications, 499 – 524.